As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Full disclosure

The Mac desk mouse I would actually buy (Logitech MX Master 3S for Mac)

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases (tag: mzulfaas-20). Same price for you.

Logitech MX Master 3S for Mac wireless mouse in Space Grey
Logitech MX Master 3S for Mac, Space Grey. The listing discussed below is Amazon ASIN B09HMV6K1W.

A MacBook trackpad is fine on a train. On a desk, after a few hours of code reviews and browser tabs, my wrist starts asking for something else. That is why the Logitech MX Master 3S for Mac is the mouse I would actually buy for a Mac desk: ergonomic shape, quiet clicks, MagSpeed scrolling, and Bluetooth that talks to macOS without a Windows-first dongle story.

This is a buying note, not a claim that I have run a six-month lab test. Specs below come from Logitech’s product page and the Amazon listing for ASIN B09HMV6K1W (Space Grey). I am not going to pretend I A/B’d every productivity mouse on the market.

Why this particular MX Master 3S for Mac

There is a regular MX Master 3S and a Mac-labelled one. The Mac listing (B09HMV6K1W) is finished in Space Grey / Pale Grey, ships with a USB-C to USB-C cable, and is sold as Bluetooth-first for macOS and iPadOS. The Logi Bolt USB receiver is not included with this SKU — Logitech notes it is compatible with Logi Bolt if you already own one, but this box is aimed at Bluetooth Mac setups.

Headline specs from the listing: Darkfield optical sensor up to 8,000 DPI with track-on-glass (Logitech cites about 4 mm minimum glass thickness), Quiet Clicks (Logitech claims about 90% less click noise vs the prior MX Master 3 for Mac), MagSpeed electromagnetic scroll wheel, seven controls including thumb wheel and gesture button, rechargeable Li-Po battery (500 mAh) with up to 70 days on a full charge and about three hours of use from a one-minute quick charge, weight about 141 g, size about 124.9 × 84.3 × 51 mm.

What I actually want from a Mac desk mouse

  • Comfort over flash. The sculpted right-hand shape and thumb rest are the whole point. This is not a light gaming shell.
  • Quiet enough for an apartment. Quiet Clicks matter when someone else is on a call two metres away.
  • Real scrolling. MagSpeed can ratchet for lines or freefall for long pages. That is daily browser and docs work, not a demo trick.
  • macOS without fighting it. Bluetooth Low Energy, Easy-Switch across up to three devices, and Logi Options+ profiles for Safari, Chrome, Final Cut, Photoshop, and the rest. Back/forward and deeper gestures need Options+ on Mac — that is an honest five-minute setup, not optional fine print.
  • USB-C top-ups. The included C-to-C cable matches the rest of a modern Mac desk cable pile.

It sits next to the same USB-C hub and Keychron Q1 Pro I already wrote about. Mouse, board, hub: one desk story.

The honest caveats

It is right-hand only. Left-handed shoppers need a different product.

Full button remapping and Flow (moving the cursor and files across machines) depend on Logi Options+. Without the app you still get a solid Bluetooth mouse; you do not get the full “MX” workflow.

This is not a gaming mouse. High polling rates and ultra-light shells live elsewhere. For writing, browsing, and design on a Mac, that is fine.

Battery life of “up to 70 days” is a lab-style claim. Leave RGB-style features cranked on other gear and you learn how marketing hours work; treat 70 days as a ceiling, not a promise.

Also: do not confuse this Mac SKU with the Windows-leaning MX Master 3S that ships a Bolt receiver in the box. If you need the receiver for a locked-down PC that blocks Bluetooth, buy the SKU that includes it.

My honest buying call

I would buy the MX Master 3S for Mac (Space Grey, B09HMV6K1W) when the Amazon price is in its normal mid-$100 range and I want a quiet, sculpted desk mouse that pairs cleanly with a MacBook or iMac. It is the productivity default I would point a Mac engineer at before I pointed them at Apple’s Magic Mouse.

I would skip it if I only need a cheap travel mouse, if I am left-handed, if I refuse vendor software on principle, or if I mainly game. For a café bag, look at something smaller (Logitech’s own MX Anywhere line is the usual fork). For a pure Apple look with Multi-Touch gestures and no thumb wheel, the Magic Mouse / trackpad path is still there — just know the trade-offs.

Check the Logitech MX Master 3S for Mac on Amazon

A quick product video

This public review is specifically about the MX Master 3S for Mac. Useful for seeing the shape, buttons, and Mac-oriented box contents; still read the specs above rather than treating a YouTube walkthrough as a long-term reliability test.

Product details and prices can change. Confirm the colour, seller, and return terms on Amazon before buying.

0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment