The travel Mac mouse I’d pack with MX Keys Mini (Logitech MX Anywhere 3S for Mac)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases (tag: mzulfaas-20). Same price for you.
I already wrote about the MX Master 3S for Mac as the desk mouse I would buy for long code-review days. That board stays on the desk. This note is the other fork: a compact travel mouse that fits a laptop sleeve, tracks on café tables and glass, and matches the same Space Grey Mac story as the MX Keys Mini for Mac.
The Logitech MX Anywhere 3S for Mac (Space Grey, ASIN B0CVFJ1YSX) is the one I would buy for that job. Mid-ticket, usually around $80 on Amazon US when I checked. This is a buying note from an engineer who works on a Mac, not a lab report. Specs below come from Logitech’s product page and the Amazon listing. I am not going to pretend I lived with this mouse for six months.
Check the MX Anywhere 3S for Mac on Amazon →
Why this particular Anywhere for Mac
There is a regular MX Anywhere 3S and a Mac-labelled one. The Mac listing (B0CVFJ1YSX) ships in Space Grey / Pale Grey finishes that sit next to Apple aluminium, uses Bluetooth Low Energy for macOS and iPadOS, and includes a USB-C to USB-C cable. A Logi Bolt receiver is not in this box — Logitech notes Bolt compatibility if you already own a receiver, but this SKU is aimed at Bluetooth Mac setups.
Headline specs from the listing and Logitech: about 100.5 × 65 × 34.4 mm, weight about 99 g, Darkfield sensor up to 8,000 DPI with track-on-glass (Logitech cites about 4 mm minimum glass thickness), Quiet Clicks, MagSpeed electromagnetic scroll wheel with line and freefall modes, six controls including back/forward and wheel mode-shift, rechargeable Li-Po battery (500 mAh) claiming up to 70 days on a full charge and about three hours of use from a one-minute quick charge, Easy-Switch across up to three Apple devices.
What I actually want from a travel Mac mouse
- Bag, not desk furniture. The MX Master is the all-day sculpt. Anywhere is the one that disappears into a sleeve next to a MacBook.
- Tables that are not ideal. Café wood, hotel desks, glass conference tables — Darkfield tracking is the point of this line.
- Quiet enough for shared spaces. Quiet Clicks matter on a train or in a coworking bay.
- Three-device hopping. MacBook, iPad, maybe a second Mac — one mouse, Easy-Switch.
- USB-C top-ups. Same cable language as the Mini and the rest of a modern Mac kit.
It sits in the same kit story as the Anker 555 hub for desk days and the MX Keys Mini for Mac when I want a compact Bluetooth board on the road. Hub stays home; Anywhere travels.
The honest caveats
It is right-hand only. Left-handed shoppers need a different product.
It is smaller than the MX Master. If you want a full palm rest and thumb wheel for long desk days, buy the Master and leave Anywhere for travel — or skip Anywhere entirely.
Full remaps, tracking tweaks, and Flow depend on Logi Options+. Without the app you still get a solid Bluetooth mouse; you do not get every productivity trick in the brochure.
Battery “up to 70 days” is a lab-style claim. Treat it as a ceiling, not a promise.
Also: do not confuse this Mac Space Grey SKU with the multi-OS Anywhere 3S that targets Windows-first kits and may ship different finishes or a Bolt-focused story. If you primarily run Windows with a receiver, buy the SKU that matches that setup.
My honest buying call
I would buy the MX Anywhere 3S for Mac (Space Grey, B0CVFJ1YSX) when the Amazon price is in its normal ~$80 band and I want a compact Mac-layout travel mouse that pairs cleanly with a MacBook and iPad, without packing the MX Master.
I would skip it if I already love the MX Master on every surface and never leave the desk, if I am left-handed, if I refuse vendor software on principle, or if I only want Apple’s Magic Mouse Multi-Touch gestures. For a permanent desk, the MX Master 3S for Mac note stays the first recommendation.
Check the Logitech MX Anywhere 3S for Mac on Amazon
A quick product video
This public walkthrough covers the MX Anywhere 3S for Mac (unboxing and Mac-oriented notes). Useful for seeing size and shape; still read the specs above rather than treating a YouTube video as a long-term reliability test.
Product details and prices can change. Confirm the colour, seller, and return terms on Amazon before buying.
0 Comments
No comments:
Post a Comment